Case Study Location
- Bridgeton High School
111 West Avenue & High Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
- Web Address:
Case Study Duration
- March 2013-March 2014
LED Products in Use
- (101) LED Down Lights 13W
- (52) LED High Bay Fixtures 150W
Cost Savings Analysis Projections
- Projected Monthly Savings of 6,673 /kWh equaling $907.53 at the rate of $0.136 /kWh
- Projected Annual Savings of 80,076 /kWh equaling $10,890.36 at the rate of $0.136 /kWh
- That is $108,903.60 in projected electrical savings over the life of the LED bulb.
A Look on the Inside
In November 2013 the above LED lighting products were installed in Bridgeton High School's Auditorium and Gymnasium respectively. The actual electric savings of $1039.04 exceeded the projected savings of $907.53 by 14.5%. This will save the school $12,468.48 annually in electric savings alone. Their maintenance department now has more time available for other projects as the time spent to replace bulbs and ballasts in these locations is no longer necessary.
A Look at the Cost Savings Analysis
The Bottom Line
- Bright Idea LED cut Bridgeton High Schools electrical lighting cost by $12,468.48 over the course of their case study.
- The total electrical kWh usage in March 2014 was down 7,640 /kWh or $1,039.04 from March 2013.
- Bridgeton High School saved 14.5% or $1,578.12 more than their Cost Savings Analysis projected over the course the year long case study.